[image id=”298″ size=”full” link=”http://excaliburinvestmentsnm.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Fotolia_33380891_Subscription_XL.jpg” external=”” shadow=”true”]
Albuquerque’s Department Mission, Vision and Values
Mission: The mission of the City of Albuquerque’s Department of Parks, Recreation, & Community Services is to:
- Protect, plan, enhance, and maintain a Parks, Major Public Open Space, and Trails System that gives Albuquerque its sense of place.
- Promote economic development and tourism by continuing to provide quality, affordable facilities and programs (e.g. Golf, Recreation, Swimming Pools, Parks, Open Space, Balloon Fiesta Park, Shooting Range, and Sporting Events).
- Assure quality educational programs for youth to encourage positive behavior towards a conservation ethic and therefore combat “Nature Deficit Disorder.”
- Provide quality recreation programs to encourage healthy, active lifestyles for all ages.
- Encourage and develop a healthy and safe work environment, ethical management practices, and a spirit of teamwork for all Parks and Recreation employees.